Thursday, April 11, 2013

Saying goodbye.

As a TCK, you say goodbye a lot. You say goodbye to friends, family, places, schools. And yet, each time it's hard. For me, saying goodbye does not get any easier. Sure, you get used to the process of it, but it does not make it easier. After being home for three weeks, I am leaving tomorrow to go back to Cardiff. It'll be two months before I see them again. It's not as long as it has been before, but still, it's long for me. That's two months of not getting a hug from my mom when I need it, wrestling with my brother when we both need a energy outlet, or watching a movie with my dad. It's the little things that I miss each time. As a TCK, I have developed a sort of shield against it all, the saying goodbye. I don't really show people my sorrow anymore, I just cry myself to sleep at night. I know that might sound a bit depressing, but it works for me. I have had to say goodbye so often, that if each time I were to let it get to me to a full extent, it would take up too much time. So I try look at the positives. It's only two months, two months will go fast. I'll Skype with them daily. They're always there for me if I need them. I know all these things, and yet, I'm crying as I write this.

I'm sorry if this was a bit of a sad post, but I do want to be honest on this blog. While being a TCK has opened so many doors for me, made me into a better person, but it's not all easy. Saying goodbye is one of the negatives. Unfortunately, if you want to see the world, you have to leave people and places behind. It's certainly not easy, but if they're the right people, it won't affect the relationship you have with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment